Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rainmakers

In an attempt to learn something new, I will see if I can add a short video clip today. On Sunday, my buddies and I were going out for dinner, and happened upon an amazing band playing in El Parque Central. Their music is kind of traditional Peruvian style, with some interesting modern elements. The percussionist also played one of those hollow ceramic "jugs" with two openings. You force air inside with cupped hands. Janet, you know what I'm talking about. The band is called "Haceros de Lluvia" (Rainmakers), from Guatemala City.



I'd also like to show you this gorgeous place where I like to do my skyping and blogging. It is a garden centre/cafe just south of my house. It is very peaceful. Lots of birdsounds, especially now as the sun is going down.
Hmmm. The video upload is taking forever!!! I´ll skip that.

No comments:

Post a Comment